Basshands Basshands

Way sloppy, man

This was cool, but your playing was just messy. If you're going to be the bass player, you have to be the rock too. The whole band's going to collapse if you meander around the beat like this, even during an improvisation.

Reaper of Apocalypse Reaper of Apocalypse

It was original, diverse, and had lots of effort

But I have to agree with Redbull to some extent. It's clear that you know how to handle a guitar, but it sounds like you're trying to show off all your techniques in one song, and that never works. I'd rather hear a song comprised of 2 or 3 amazing riffs instead of 12 average ones (that's why I don't listen to psycho death metal). You definitely have the skills to make a really great metal track, just remember that one song will not impress everybody.

DjColty responds:

Ho ya didnt realize that. Thanks thats what I meant by "feedback" thanks again

Metal-o-Mania Metal-o-Mania

Just this side of bitchin'

Reminds me a lot of Pantera, but more importantly, drop some drums under this and it'll fucking blow people away. I don't care if they're programmed, some percussion would take this to the next level. I especially loved the little shred line, keep this up!

Cartographer's Silence Cartographer's Silence

Not bad

The slap bass is really hollow and sloppy, though. I'm agreeing with VHAERUN, it needs to be EQ'd or run thru a compressor. Check out my song Blackened if you want to hear some (I think) pretty cool dual bass stuff.

DaylightsEnd responds:

Hey thanx for the reviews from you and Vhrean (or however you spell it. LOL). This was my first attempt at slap-bass. I'm glad you at least told me how it sounded to you, and how to fix it. Again thanx for the honest reviews.

Soul Devourer (full) Soul Devourer (full)

I like it, but lacks power

If this had drums, ever programmed drums, it would kick so much more ass. I have no way to record drums either, but I program them so an otherwise awesome song isn't diminished.

DaylightsEnd responds:

Thanx for the review. It wasn't that I couldn'trecord drums, I just wasn't good at it. All of the songs on here had drums at one time, but they made the songs sound terrible and they all lost the feeling I put into them. So I had two choices, either have songs with drums that nobody would like, or leave them out and sound good. Good thing I'm better at the bass than guitar so I could use the bass as the back-bone.

Bass_Solo2 Bass_Solo2

Ripped

It sounds good, but it sounds suspiciously like "God Called In Sick Today" by AFI. You might want to choose something other than a i-VII-VI-VII progression, it's too common in rock today. I like the effect though, it added a lot to the ambience of the work.